You will receive one box a month for as long as you like. Your subscription will auto renew until you cancel.
SCHEDULE OF BOXES
Please note that this list is intended as a guideline only: there are many factors that can affect the order and contents of each box.
- Jan 2018 – Enter the Forbidden City during the Ming Dynasty
Read the real Ballad of Mulan, learn about the social importance of fans, discover the origins of printing books and then print your own.
- Feb 2018 – Discover scientific and hygienic advances in The Islamic Empire
Split white light in honor of the scientist who fist explained rainbows, grow rock candy as you learn why sweets suddenly became easier to find, and the brush your teeth the old fashioned way: with a miswak branch.
- March 2018 – Tour the Byzantine Empire
Find out how riots, poetry, and political power often hinged on two things people still feel passionate about today: sports and religion. Enjoy an in depth look at icon painting and then try your hand at designing your own.
- April 2018 – Visit the Vikings and their Queen: Aud the Deep Minded
Get to know the real Vikings as you read a story about Thor and Loki, weave cord on a lucet, decorate and use a drinking horn, and play music on viking-style pan pipes.
- May 2018 – Meet the richest man in the world in Medieval Mali
Find out how salt and location made this kingdom the wealthiest in history but how it’s beautiful architecture and art came from a more humble source: mud.
- June 2018 – Visit Japan and discover the age of the Samurai
Make your own mini rock garden and learn the art of origami. Enjoy a tasty treat with a traditional flavor and compose an artful form of poetry.
- July 2018 – Enjoy the sights and flavors of the Mayan culture
Learn about sacred feathers, divine tattoos, and delicious chocolate.
- August 2018 – Adventure in Old England with the Anglo Saxons
Embroider a section of the Bayeux Tapestry, make rune stone jewelry, and read a section of Beowulf.
- September 2018 – Visit Charlemagne’s kingdom
Learn who you have to blame for school and who you have to thank for trial by jury. Follow in his footsteps by sleeping with a journal under your pillow and make a house to attract one of the most important livestock animals in Charlemagne’s empire: bees.
- October 2018 – Ride with the Genghis Khan and the Mongols
Discover traditional Mongol games, enjoy felting wool, and refresh yourself with a traditional Mongolian drink.