Downloadable Lesson: Thanksgiving Unboxed
Learn the history of Thanksgiving with this easy to use downloadable lesson.
Native American peoples have celebrated feasts of thanksgiving for thousands of years. English people had traditional harvest feasts and religious days of thanksgiving. But did they really sit down together to share a meal and give thanks for a bountiful harvest in 1621? In this beautifully researched and carefully designed lesson you will:
- Discover the true story of the 1621 harvest feast known today as the First Thanksgiving.
- Learn the history of Plymouth Colony and prepare English and Wampanoag recipes.
- Create your own traditions of gratitude.
- Read about the use of baskets and weave your own with common household materials.
- Dive deep with recommended reading about Thanksgiving and Native Americans past and present.
Full color, 28 pages download