Calendars Unboxed (Downloadable Lesson)
Learn the history of calendars around the world with this easy to use downloadable lesson.
For thousands of years, people have used astronomy to track the passage of time. They created calendars based on the movements of the sun, moon, and stars. How did we end up with the system we have today? Travel back in time to visit the Egyptians, the Maya, and other fascinating peoples.
- Learn about why our weeks have 7 days
- Make a mobile featuring the Roman and Norse history of weekday and month names
- Play a card game and learn the Tsalagi (Cherokee) names of the month
- Explore the included calendars and compare different cultures!
- Dive deep with recommended reading about timekeeping traditions around the world
Full color, 40 page download
We are adding new downloadable lessons each month, focused on a seasonal aspect of history. Make sure you are subscribed to our newsletter so you don’t miss any of these exciting new lessons!