You will receive one box a month for as long as you like. Your subscription will auto renew until you cancel.
SCHEDULE OF BOXES
Please note that this list is intended as a guideline only: there are many factors that can affect the order and contents of each box.
- Sept 2019- Enjoy Egypt at the time of the Pyramid of Giza
Mummify an apple, decorate a sarcophagus, play the world’s first board game, read a 4000 year old Cinderella story, make an ancient dessert.
- Oct 2019 – Sail to the merchant civilization of the Phoenicians
Make papyrus, learn the art of dyeing fabric, write your name in an ancient script.
- November 2019 – Meet the Olmec people of Ancient Mesoamerica
Carve an animal out of soapstone, make a ceremonial mask, whip up some ancient hot chocolate, learn the world’s first organized sport.
- December 2019 – Study with Plato in ancient Greece
Learn the allegory of The Cave, construct a mobile with Plato’s geometric solids, enjoy stickers with some of Plato’s most quotable quotes.
- Jan 2020 – Tour the cities of Harappa and Mohenjo Daro in Ancient India
Learn a ancient dice game, make beautiful bird calls using a 3,500 year old toy, discover the fun of henna tattoos, see the first unicorns in history.
- Feb 2020 – See the beginning of The Great Wall in Ancient China
Paint a terracotta warrior, fly an ancient style of kite, relax with a cup of tea, make a magnetic compass.
- March 2020 – Visit Hammurabi’s Court in Ancient Babylon
Choose your own story as you explore Hammurabi’s code, make your own soap, create a cylinder seal.
- April 2020 – Ride the steppes of Ancient Russia and Asia with the Scythians
Sew a warm wool hat, learn the art of gold leaf, discover the origins on Amazon warriors and centaur monsters.
- May 2020 – Visit the Roman resort of Pompeii… just don’t stay for too long
Learn to tile a mosaic, make a Roman wax tablet, explore the ancient graffiti of Pompeii, bake bread from a 2000 year old recipe, own your own volcanic rock
- June 2020 – Visit the Jomon people of stone age Japan
Weave a basket, decorate a clay pot, own your own stone arrowhead, enjoy a tasty snack of chestnuts.
- July 2020 – Visit the richest kingdom in the ancient world: Ancient Ghana
Practice the art of oral storytelling, weave on a circle loom, find out why salt was worth it’s weight in gold and then use it to preserve food.
- August 2020 – Enjoy a sweet, six-legged snack with the Aboriginal people of Ancient Australia
Decorate a returning boomerang, read an aboriginal creation story, mix paint from ancient pigments, recreate 40,000 year old cave art.
- Sept 2020 – Meet the man whose change of heart brought peace to the Mauryan empire in Ancient India
Make your own stick incense, decorate with rangoli stencils, own your own hand-carved wooden stamp, and read from Ashoka the Great’s writings.
- Oct 2020– Visit King Giligamesh in the first city in the world: Uruk
Enjoy Sumerian mythology, bake cuneiform cookies, make a personal seal, learn about the art and history of Ancient Uruk.
- Nov 2020 – Meet the “heretic king” Ahkanaten and his son Tutankhamun in ancient Egypt
Make a working sundial, paint a papyrus scroll, have fun with the Egyptian gods’ family tree.
- Dec 2020 – Go on Campaign with Alexander the Great
Watercolor Alexander’s empire, own your own action figure, find out why you’re glad we have modern medicine.
- Jan 2021 – Find out why many people loved, and hated, Julius Caesar
Listen to a perfectly abridged version of Shakespeare’s play, weave a laurel wreath, own your own replica Roman coin.
- Feb 2021 – Enjoy daily life with the Israelites under King David’s rule
Craft and light an olive oil lamp, blow a ram’s horn trumpet, learn the historic significance of cheese and then make some to enjoy.